Can ExifTool write just the time without date?

Started by kbellis, January 18, 2014, 01:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

I just thought that printing the working directory might help you to orient yourself better, but it is printed in your command prompt anyway, so my suggestion wasn't very useful.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

kbellis

All efforts are appreciated - thank you Phil !

Kelly

StarGeek

Just pointing out that in both the command line examples, the working directory was C:\Users\V. Kelly Bellis\Pictures> while the location of the config file was in C:\ExifTool.   The correct beginning of the command should have been C:\ExifTool\exiftool -config C:\ExifTool\.ExifTool_config
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

kbellis

Nice catch! I didn't even see it - and another mystery !! After messing around with this so much over the past three days I no longer trust my memory in how that might have happened - that is weird though.

My first guess was that I had launched the cmd prompt window from a shortcut that was on my desktop but that stills sounds screwy - I dunno  :-\

kbellis

Well that little mystery is solved.

When you drag a folder, say for example one from My Pictures, and drop it onto the .bat for processing in ExifTool, that's when that red herring gets displayed albeit very briefly while the processing is going on.