Main Menu

Sanyo metadata create

Started by Antonin, January 17, 2014, 10:02:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antonin

I have following problem with Sanyo HD2000 MP4 files:
I would like to play with this camera movies after editing originals in Power Director. The camera does not recognize edited file as playable – because of no makernote tags. (Format of audiovideo is the same as original). There is no makernote in file from software editor Power director, so it is not possible just to change with new values by copying from original Sanyo MP4 to edited MP4 by command:
exiftool -tagsfromfile original.mp4 -makernotes edited.mp4
(tags are not writable – because they do not exist at all)
Is it possible to solve this problem with Exiftool?

(Reason is simple – camera plays HD1080p60 and has HDMI output – ideal movable player for final films in original quality).

Phil Harvey

ExifTool only has limited write ability for MP4/MOV videos.  It is not likely that ExifTool will have the ability to write MP4 maker notes in the foreseeable future.

Does your TV have a USB port?  I play HD movies in MP4 format from a USB memory stick directly on my TV.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Antonin

Thank you for answer. I suppose it, but now I know it.
Problem is to play MP4 (H264) with 1920x1080 with 60 progressive. Most of devices are not able to play without problems 1080p60 - Sanyo camera plays this perfectly - and it is very light, so good movable player. Home I play with powerful HTPC.
Problem is the Exif part od file - camera does not recognize file, even it is exactly the same.
Maybe I can try develop simple software to create Sanyo Exif to video file, but I know just basics about Exif in MP4...I must learn at first.

Phil Harvey

You should look into AtomicParsley.  This open source software is designed for manipulating atoms in MOV/MP4 videos.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Antonin

Yes, thats it.
Atomic Parsley is good start.
It is not only "company" udta part of moov atom in Sanyo, but also specific structure of MP4 - some atoms must be on the specific address. (Udta f.e. must be at 40000H, mdat at 50000H, etc.)
Thank you for advice.