Removing XMP lightroom data

Started by frereroy, January 19, 2014, 03:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frereroy

I am trying to delete the XMP Lightroom HierarchicalSubject tag which contains stale keywords which I do not want in the IPTC.

I am using  exiftool -xmp:all= to delete ALL the XMP data but cannot get the syntax right to just get at the Lightroom HierarchicalSubject stuff.

Please can anyone help?

Many thanks.

EDIT: I have found the "lr" which seems to do the job. Can anyone validate that the following command is correct - its seemls to work ok.

exiftool -overwrite_original -xmp-lr:all= /Users/xxx/Desktop/Dom -ext jpg -r

I received the following error on a couple of files - I do not really understand what it means...

Warning: [minor] Ignored empty rdf:Seq list for dc:creator

Phil Harvey

This is correct.  -xmp-lr:all= will remove all tags in the "lr" namespace.  Alternatively, since you seem to want to delete only one tag, -hierarchicalsubject= would also have worked.

The warning is nothing to worry about, and just indicates an XMP list that is empty, which really shouldn't happen, but some software may do this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

frereroy

Many thanks - support much appreciated.