Main Menu

Trying to export csv

Started by metfun01, January 22, 2014, 12:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metfun01

I am trying to export a single csv file for several photos using the drag-n-drop method of using the executable file (I don't have permission to install program in the windows folder to use the command line prompt).

I've been using the following name for the file "exiftool(-k -a -u -g1 csv).exe"  but it gives me a csv for each photo; is there any way to get the metadata combined into one file?

Thanks

Phil Harvey

I think you forgot a "-" before "csv" in your application name.  But I don't understand how you are getting one csv per file with this command.

The way to do this would be to make a drag-n-drop .bat file with a command something like this:

exiftool -a -u -g1 -csv %* > c:\out.csv

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

metfun01

How do I make a bat file? Would I type exiftool -a -u -g1 -csv %* > c:\out.csv   into notepad, save it as a .txt and then change the extension to .bat?

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

k_grons

With the recommendation of the .bat file, are you saying this is not possible by adding options to the target property in the Windows executable file? Is there anyway to do something akin to adding -w txt to the target but for csv files?

Thanks!

Phil Harvey

Quote from: k_grons on June 05, 2014, 12:24:44 PM
With the recommendation of the .bat file, are you saying this is not possible by adding options to the target property in the Windows executable file?

Yes.  The target property does not support redirection.

QuoteIs there anyway to do something akin to adding -w txt to the target but for csv files?

No.  The -w option gives one output file for each input file, and is incompatible with the -csv option.

- Phil

k_grons

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the clarification - much appreciated!