Saying Hello but with Winter-Summer time problem

Started by PhL, January 25, 2014, 11:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhL

I use Exiftool for some time to rename files based on the Panasonic title...
I just downloaded ExifToolGUI 5.15
I had Exiftool 7.8.6...

My purpose is to redate the date from winter to summer of vice versa when the camera was not at the right time when picture was taken  :(

Philippe

Phil Harvey

Hi Philippe,

Using the command-line application this is easy.  In the simplest form, the command looks like this:

exiftool -alldates+=1 DIR

where DIR is the name of a directory containing the images.

For example, I forgot to set the clock on my K-5 back by 1 hour in the fall, so I used this command.

I think you can probably do this through ExifToolGUI too, but I don't know how.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

PhL

Thanks for the answer !

Shall I upgrade Exiftool or stay with my version ?

Regards,

PhL

Phil Harvey

Definitely upgrade.  ExifTool isn't one of those packages that introduces more bugs with the new features. :)

Version 7.86 is almost 5 years old now, and the world of metadata has changed significantly since then.

Come to think of it, ExifToolGUI version 5 probably won't even work with that old ExifTool version.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

PhL

Thanks !

It doesn't work for sure...

What is the last version (and where) ?
I only use the rename file based on "Panasonic title" now...

Great forum indeed !!!!

Phil Harvey

Click the "<-- Back to ExifTool home page" link at the bottom of this page to find the current version.

- Phil