Please help, Non-programer here

Started by Axolotl, February 09, 2016, 03:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axolotl

Hello!

I am not at all knowledgeable in programming, but I am desperately searching for a way to change a creation date (the original date of the photo according to the camera) of an image. Searching for software that does this, I came upon ExifTool and thought I could give it a shot at the terminal (which I have used before twice in my life). After a few hours, I realize I cannot get a hang of it.  :-[

Could anyone give me a patient hand here?

Thanks in advance.

Phil Harvey

You give me nothing to go by.  I don't even know what system you are running.  Did you see this thread?: https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php/topic,4888.0.html

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Axolotl

Ok Phil, thanks so much.
I was unsure if I would get a reply at all.

I am on an old mac with OS 10.6.8.
The cámara is a cannon rebel xti.

What do you need?
Em...
The photos are wrongly dated, as if they were from 2012. They should be 2014.
Because of this unexpected error, I cannot use them for what I took them for.

Am I being silly stupid if I just ask for what to write on the terminal in order to change that?

Thanks so much Phil :)

Phil Harvey

To change the time by two years, try this command in the Terminal:

exiftool -alldates+="0002:00:00 00:00:00" DIR

(instead of typing the directory name, you can drag and drop the folder onto the Terminal window)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Axolotl

Thanks a million Phil.

--off to try it.

Axolotl

I made it!
Thanks so so so much Phil!