Exif IFD0 pointer broken

Started by Dion, May 07, 2014, 11:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dion

I write my own camera app. this app write exif information in the jpg-file.
all goes well so far ...
but I have problems with some warnings:

Warning Invalid EXIF text encoding
Warning Invalid size (8589934590) for IFD0 tag 0x8827
Warning Bad IFD1 directory

i dont know how i can fix them??

i know that my pointer is broken because false exif inforamtions were shown in the exif tool

Phil Harvey

You should use the -htmldump feature to take a look at what you have written.  This should help you to see what is wrong.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Dion

okay thx,
i looked and found out that my app writes the exif information with a littel endian instead of a big endian. can it be this problem that my IDF0 pointer is not correct?

Phil Harvey

You can write either, but you need to be consistent with the ordering specified in the TIFF header.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Dion

thank you for the help your help has brought me to the decisive point.  i found a solution for the problem. the exifinterface class i use in android is underdeveloped. it writes a false endian in the exif/TIFF header... now i use a extern lib ( apache sanselan lib v1.02) it writes/reads/edits the exif information on binary code.