Automation of tagging images

Started by txinfl, May 16, 2014, 11:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txinfl

I think I am am on the right track to find a way to automate the tagging process in Aperture, however I am not sure where to start. I produce approximately 500 images everyday and need to tag them as every three or so, is a unique person. I have a spread sheet (CSV) with the persons name and entry number. Can I enter the image numbers for each entry into the spreadsheet, and then import into Aperture to auto populate the keyword for each image with the persons name and entry number.

(Example of the spread sheet)
Entry Number   Name               Image Number Start               Image number stop
1                   John Doe                        DSC_001                                   DSC_003
2                   Bob Smith                        DSC_004                                   DSC_006
3                   Betty Sue                        DSC_007                                   DSC_009
....( and then on and on until as many as 2400 images/day)

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if you need more specifics!! Thank you for your help!! ~ Jack

Phil Harvey

Hi Jack,

You can use ExifTool to import a CSV file and update images with this information, but there has to be one entry in the CSV for each image file.  There are many threads in the forum discussing how to do this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).