News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

D600 images uploaded with old version of Nikon Transfer

Started by Gerard, July 04, 2014, 11:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

My situation is this:

Uploaded Nikon D600 files to my Mac for the first time using my existing version of Nikon Transfer, not aware that the D600 was not supported by the software.  The images were deleted automatically off the SD Card after the transfer.  The files are on my hard drive, but cannot be converted to DNG files, using the Adobe software.  The files can only be viewed with ViewNX 2.

The files look the same in the finder, in terms of name, kind, size, etc., but the Dimensions is shown as 0 x 0.  A normal D600 file would indicate 6016 x 4016.

I download the utility to fix NEF images corrupted by Nikon software, but I cannot locate the  "fix_corrupted_nef.exe" file as indicated to retrieve these files. 

Please HELP!   Can I get these images back???  Thank-you for your time and consideration.

Phil Harvey

Did you download the Mac version of fix_corrupted_nef?  The file is .pl, not .exe for the Mac.

Here are the instructions.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Gerard

Yes, there is the file fix_corrupted_nef.pl included.  Thanks!  I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out.

Gerard

I double-click the fix_corrupted_nef.pl file and it opens a window of code looking stuff.  Very confused???

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Gerard

Phil Harvey