SubIFD out of sequence

Started by tpalmer0127, July 16, 2014, 02:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpalmer0127

Hi,

I'm using the following command:

exiftool.pl -tagsfromfile @ "-originalfilename<filename" c:\test_3

I'm getting an error the first time I run this for every file in the directory.

Warning: [minor] Entries in SubIFD were out of sequence. Fixed. - c:\test_3\DSC ....

What can I do to avoid this error ?

Thanks
Terry

Hayo Baan

Hi Terry,

There's not much you can do to avoid these errors; they were present in your original files (and have now been corrected by exiftool). These errors have been caused by faulty software, and short from hoping the bugs have been fixed in an update of that software, there's still a chance of new files getting this (very minor) problem.

Hope this answers your question,
Hayo
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Phil Harvey

Hayo has answered the question well about how to avoid the error in the first place.

After processing with ExifTool, this problem is fixed in the file, as noted in the message.  You can suppress the message with -m if you want, and ExifTool will still fix the problem.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

tpalmer0127

Hayo,

Thanks for answering another question and thanks to Phil for the additional information.

BTW, Hayo I enjoyed looking at your website, particularly the industrial heritage and the wildlife section.  Very nice!

Terry

Hayo Baan

Quote from: tpalmer0127 on July 16, 2014, 08:05:15 PM
Hayo,

Thanks for answering another question and thanks to Phil for the additional information.
You're welcome!

Quote from: tpalmer0127 on July 16, 2014, 08:05:15 PM
BTW, Hayo I enjoyed looking at your website, particularly the industrial heritage and the wildlife section.  Very nice!

Thanks  8)
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl