News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

How to set up excel for geotagging

Started by 360edge, August 06, 2014, 09:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

360edge

Dear Phil and others,

I appreciate that this may have been covered in various FAQs but I cannot quite get my head around what I need to do.  Basically, I have an excel spreadsheet that has all sorts of lat/long and heading data from some sensors I have set up.  There is lots of ancillary info such as roll and pitch but at this stage I simply want to strip out everything just to leave the bare minimum (so I can lat/long/heading geotag via ExifTool):

Probably just 4 columns of data - Date and Time :: Latitude :: Longitude :: Heading

Could you please let me know what I need to name each of these columns in excel so that when I export to csv it will be correct to start a batch geotag with a directory full of images.  Also, please let me know the 'correct' formats for Exiftool for date/time, lat, long and heading - then I can get everything in order before producing the csv.

Please let me know if I need to include any other columns.

Lastly (honest), I understand that once I have exported to csv from excel I may need to add a line in the csv that defines the headings - again, please can someone explain how this line would look.

Thanks, Dave

Phil Harvey

Hi Dave,

I recently answered this question in another thread.  I hope that this post will answer your questions.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).