Issue in Adding New XMP Metadata to GIF images

Started by johncarter, November 11, 2014, 01:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncarter

Hi,

I am trying to add new metadata to xmp namespace. It is working fine for TIF, PNG, JPG formats, but not working as expected for GIF file format.

Ouput of Exif command showing that image updated, but when we open same image in Photoshop or using ImageMagick to get metadata information, we could not able to view the newly added data

Commands used:
exiftool -config XMP_METADATA.cfg -xmp-xmp:TestKey=TestValue InputImage.gif
:     1 image files updated

Contents of XMP_METADATA.cfg:

%Image::ExifTool::UserDefined = (
'Image::ExifTool::XMP::xmp' => {
TestKey => { },
},
);
#end

Phil Harvey

ExifTool is one of the few utilities that supports XMP in GIF images.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

johncarter

Thanks Phil Harvey..

I am able to retrieve the newly added XMP data in GIF and PNG formats using Exiftool, But could not able to get for "PNG" images using Adobe Photoshop CS(For GIF formats, it's working fine).

Phil Harvey

I suggest asking Adobe this.  They wrote the XMP specification (which ExifTool follows) and Photoshop.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).