Can't write modified file

Started by guidogiangiacomo, November 19, 2014, 05:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guidogiangiacomo

I was using Exif Editor based on Exiftool and I was modifying time of images. After a lot of successful editing I was starting giving an error and now for every file I try to write the modified entry I get this error. I attach the screenshot of the error. I have a Mac with 10.10 OS X. How can I fix it?

Hayo Baan

Hi Guido,

This error doesn't look like an error from exiftool, so I guess the problem is with the program you're using, not with exiftool :(
Does the problem occur with any image or just some? Also, check to see if you actually have write permissions in the folder the images should end up.

HTH,
Hayo
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Phil Harvey

Hayo is correct.  The error isn't from ExifTool.  But I have seen similar errors due to interference from antivirus software.

- Phil

Edit:  Oh. You said you are on a Mac.  Scratch my antivirus comment then.  The Mac is not susceptible to the same file-locking vulnerability as Windows, so this can't be the problem.
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).