Can i hire you to make an auto script for me?

Started by stushapiro, November 27, 2014, 02:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stushapiro

im looking to hire someone to write me a simple script that will always run on my machine.
the script needs to constantly watch a folder and rotate all images based on its orientation in the MetaTag.

New images are constantly added to the folder.

i know nothing about programming and would like to hire someone to write this. We already use AutoIT scripts , so it would be great if it could be in that format. Once again, i dont know if that is possible.

The script needs to auto start with windows.

Thanks for your time
Stu shapiro
+27824599118

Hayo Baan

Hi Stu,

What you are asking is probably pretty easy to do, but why do you need this done at all? If the rotation tag is present, most (if not all) viewing software should already present the image to you in the correct orientation.
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

stushapiro

Thanks for the reply mate.

I have a macro script that saves all image based email attachments to a folder which get auto imported into a software my company used.

With windows 7, when saving the images from the emails, they dont save based on their orientation, which means they get pulled into the other software incorrectly.

The whole process is automated and every second counts.

REally need a script to continuously run on a watch folder to orient those images!

Phil Harvey

jhead has a -autorot option that should do what you want.  All you need then is a mechanism to run it automatically.  On Mac/Linux, this could be done with cron.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Quote from: Phil Harvey on November 29, 2014, 08:10:50 AM
jhead has a -autorot option that should do what you want. 

It looks like jhead still needs to have jpegtran available. 

stushapiro, have you tried asking on the AutoIt forums

Also, Exiftool doesn't actually manipulate the image, just the metadata, so you're going to need another program to actually do the rotation.  If you need lossless rotation, you can use jhead (which needs jpegtran) as Phil mentioned.  But that may cause clipping on images that aren't in dimensions divisible by 8 (or 16 if chroma subsampling is used).  If you don't need lossless rotation, you can use ImageMagick.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

stushapiro