Problem with modified filedate in 9.83

Started by Fadiese, February 09, 2015, 01:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fadiese

Hi all,
the 9.83 version change the modified file datetime (in windows) with the current time;  :-[

Regards

Phil Harvey

The FileModifyDate always changed to the current time when you edit a file unless you used the -P option.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Fadiese

Txh i use exiftoolgui and before thé 9.83 working well i dont change another exiftool...
I dont understand.
Regards

Phil Harvey

Is "Preserve Date modified of files" checked in the ExifToolGUI options menu?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Fadiese

Allway checked, of course, i reput thé 9.82 and it's good (but fail on export xmp)
Thxs

nrg

I can confirm that. Version 9.83 is ignored -P (-preserve) flag, and 9.82 is all right.

Phil Harvey

Phil Harvey

It was a bug in version 9.83.  Thanks for reporting this.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Version 9.84 is now available, and should solve this problem.

- Phil