find all .jpg matching -datetimeoriginal 2001:08:03 20:35:00

Started by rioguia, February 17, 2015, 12:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rioguia

I'm sorry for posting this in the newbies forum but I couldn't find the complete idiots forum.

I have a jpg that has not been backed up properly.  I am trying to find the original, searching recursively, using the -datetimeoriginal tag.

I tried find a way to modify the below pattern but couldn't find a way to specify a specific date.

exiftool -csv -n -datetimeoriginal -ext jpg -r /media/myhomedirectory/My\ Passport/ > out.csv

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Phil Harvey

If you know the exact date/time, you could do this:

exiftool -r -if '$datetimeoriginal eq "2014:01:02 03:04:05"' -directory -filename DIR

where DIR is the name of the directory containing the original images.  The above quoting is for Mac/Linux.  Swap the single and double quotes if you are on Windows.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

rioguia

Thank you.  On Unbuntu 14.04 it worked like a charm.  I input the following:

exiftool -r -if '$datetimeoriginal eq "2001:08:03 20:35:00"' -directory -filename /media/myhomedirectory/My\ Passport

and got the following result:
======== /media/myhomedirectory/My Passport/My Documents/My Pictures/DCP00503.JPG
Directory                       : /media/myhomedirectory/My Passport/My Documents/My Pictures
File Name                       : DCP00503.JPG