Picasa.ini to XMP-mwg-rs/XMP-MP Region tags

Started by StarGeek, March 03, 2015, 05:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benthos

Hi Guys,

thanks for the great work, I've been trying to import my face tags from Picasa to Lightroom 6 for the past week when I came upon your thread!! Magic it works... for the most part.

I've been testing on a DNG with 8 people tagged in it.
If I run:
exiftool.exe "-RegionInfo<PicasaToMWGRegion" test_picasa.DNG
the Regions get imported, and all 8 faces are flagged as "named" in Lightroom

But when I also try to import the Keywords using
exiftool.exe "-RegionInfo<PicasaToMWGRegion" "-XMP-dc:Subject+<PicasaRegionNames" test_picasa.DNG
Lightroom shows me 2 faces "named" and 6 faces "unnamed". The regions are transferred, but only 2 of the names!

I also tried "-MWG:Keywords", "-XMP:Subject" and "-IPTC:Keywords" (using either '<' or '+<')

Am I doing something wrong?

P.S. Using Exiftool 10.21 with the picasa_faces.config distributed with that version
I will try to reproduce the problem with an image, .picasa.ini and contacts.xml file I can share

Thanks

Phil Harvey

Presumably the region names are transferred in the 2nd command, but somehow writing XMP:Subject is interfering with Lightroom's display of the region names?  I don't see how this could happen.  A sample would be very useful.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

benthos

Ok,

I recreated the problem with a minimum data files. Attached is the picasa.ini file of the folder and the contacts.xml that was used. I'll try to upload the DNG in a seperate post to make sure if fits

Even compressed, the DNG file is too big, so here's a link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/op6xtd59m3pbxab/NXS50036.DNG.bz2

StarGeek

Interesting, the .xml are formatted a bit differently than the ones my picasa writes, though it doesn't look like it would affect the reading of the data.  Also, when I attempt to embed the data, it doesn't update the file, though from what I can tell, it should.

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Hydroxia

Hi StarGeek,

I've just trying to work out the rotation commands and I noticed a potential error in your definition/examples.

Tag definitions and examples:
#
#   RotateMWGRegionCW90
#   RotateMWGRegionCW180
#   RotateMWGRegionCW270
#     These tags will rotate a MWG Region clockwise 90, 180, or 270 degrees.
#     Example:
#       exiftool -config rotate_regions.config "-RegionInfo<RotateMWGRegionCW90" FILE
#
#   RotateMPRegionCW90
#   RotateMPRegionCW180
#   RotateMPRegionCW270
#     These tags will rotate a MWG Region clockwise 90, 180, or 270 degrees.
#     Example:
#       exiftool -config rotate_regions.config "-RegionInfoMP<RotateMPRegionCW90" FILE

Shouldn't the second one read "These tags will rotate a MP Region clockwise 90, 180, or 270 degrees"?

I'm new to the forum I didn't know if I should just start a new thread just for me being pedantic. This is where I found out about your file and commands. Thanks.

Phil Harvey

... makes sense to me.  I'll update this comment in the next release.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).