Microsoft Xtra Tags Category repeats the first entry in the array for each entry

Started by ben.ritz, March 12, 2015, 10:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben.ritz

Hi,

I'm trying to extract the metadata for some video files. The metadata was added using the Windows Explorer properties window, by going to the Details tab and entering values into the Tags field (under the Description section).

ExifTool recognises the tag as Microsoft Xtra Tags "Category" but the data for this tag is only showing the first value entered and is then repeating the first value for the number of values entered.

E.g. Entering "Fish; and; Chips" in the Tags fields results in ExifTool extracting "Fish, Fish, Fish".

Thanks for any help solving this issue.

Ben

Phil Harvey

Hi Ben,

What version of ExifTool are you using?

Quote from: ben.ritz on March 12, 2015, 10:41:31 AM
E.g. Entering "Fish; and; Chips" in the Tags fields results in ExifTool extracting "Fish, Fish, Fish".

But more omega-3 and less starch is good for you... ;)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ben.ritz

Hi Phil,

It's version 9.89.

Very true about the omega-3, just topped up my quota with some sardine sandwiches (although I would prefer fish and chips)!

Thanks,

Ben

Phil Harvey

OK, thanks.  Could you send me a sample so I can fix this?  my email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ben.ritz

Phil Harvey

Hi Ben,

I got the file, thanks.

This is an ExifTool bug that will be fixed in version 9.90 when it is released (within a few days).

Thanks for this bug report.

- Phil

ben.ritz

Hi Phil, just confirming that version 9.90 fixes this issue. Thanks for the quick fix!

Phil Harvey