Create new tags/fields & data type in .mp4 quicktime

Started by FloridaRoadie, March 13, 2015, 12:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FloridaRoadie

Hello,
Is there away to create custom tags/fields and data type in quicktime .mp4 using exiftools? 
I want to create the following tags/fields 
GPSLatitudeRef
GPSlatitude
GPSLongitudeRef
GPSlongitude

Example of tag and data
GPSLatitudeRef=North
GPSlatitude=12°07'02.6040"
GPSLongitudeRef=West
GPSlongitude=-068°14'04.5600"

Thanks for your assistance
Gregory

Phil Harvey

Hi Gregory,

You can already do exactly this by writing these XMP tags to MP4 files.  The only difference is that with XMP the reference directions are combined into the lat/long values, so the command would be:

exiftool -GPSlatitude=12°07\'02.6040\"N -GPSlongitude=068°14\'04.5600\"W file.mp4

(here I have escaped the quotes for Mac/Linux.  On Windows, I'm not sure how to do this, so it may be easier to just drop the special characters.)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

FloridaRoadie

I am getting an error
1 image file read
1 files could not read

I also tried

exiftool -v2 -GPSlatitude=12°07\'02.6040\"N -GPSlongitude=068°14\'04.5600\"W file.mp4

I get the same error.

Now I did run a program called MetaX which added a number of tags/fields to the quicktime area.  I do not think it would be causing a program because exiftools gui is able to read all the tags with out a problem.

Phil Harvey

Since you use ExifToolGUI I assume you are on Windows.  As I said, try dropping the special characters.  Try this:

exiftool -v2 -GPSlatitude=12d07m02.6040N -GPSlongitude=068d14m04.5600W file.mp4

If you get errors this time, please paste them into your post.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Using this under windows worked for me:
exiftool "-GPSlatitude=12°07'02.6040\"N" "-GPSlongitude=068°14'04.5600\"W"

Including double quotes works weird under Windows.  You can usually escape it with a backslash, but there's seems to be a limit of some sort.  Sometimes my command lines fail if I have a lot included.  I've never been able to narrow it down exactly and I'm pretty sure it's Windows getting in the way.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).