Hi Phil.

I'm getting errors on RAW files;
1. FujiFilm X10
2. Panasonic LX100

exiftool version: 9.74-1
system: Debian Jessie 64 bit

e.g.
Warning: [minor] RAF version 0200 not yet tested - ./DSCF9779.RAF

Question: Is there any potential to corrupt the EXIF in using the force write via -m option ?

I used: exiftool -alldates+=2 -P .

Thank you.

Phil Harvey

Could you send me a sample RAF so I can add support for this? (philharvey66 at gmail.com)

You are probably safe to ignore this warning since ExifTool works with other RAF 02xx versions, but I would like to test this just to be sure.

Also, how do you get a "RAF version not yet tested" for a Panasonic RAW image (which is RW2, not RAF)?

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

captured

Hi Phil.

I only listed the RAF, I'll Send to you as you requested... send to where ?

To be extra safe, I'll shift and force the file date/times from the DateTimeOriginal

$ exiftool "-filemodifydate<datetimeoriginal" -filemodifydate-=2 .

Best regards.

P.S. By the way... should I have used the -overwrite_original_in_place in addition to -P to affect the -P option ?

Phil Harvey

Quote from: captured on March 16, 2015, 02:08:00 PM
send to where ?

The email address I gave.  But I got it via a private message, thanks.

Quote$ exiftool "-filemodifydate<datetimeoriginal" -filemodifydate-=2 .

The first argument here is not effective since it is superseded by the second, so this will have the effect of only shifting FileModifyDate back 2 hours.

QuoteP.S. By the way... should I have used the -overwrite_original_in_place in addition to -P to affect the -P option ?

Just using -overwrite_original_in_place does not preserve FileModifyDate.  -P must also be used.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

captured

I missed your e-mail address, glad you received the file.

Thank you for the clarifications.

Would you please advise...
I wish to (1) write the filemodify date from the exif datetimeoriginal, then (2) shift the time -=2 for filemodifydate
in that order. Can I do this in 1 command line or do I need to perform 2 seperate steps. such as

1. $ exiftool  "-filemodifydate<datetimeoriginal" .
2. $ exiftool  -filemodifydate-=2

Thank you.

Best regards.

Phil Harvey

Because of the order of operations, this would need to be done in two separate commands if it weren't for the -globalTimeShift option:

exiftool -globalTimeShift -2 "-filemodifydate<datetimeoriginal" FILE

- Phil

captured

It's a miracle what you do with exiftool Phil, can't praise you enough.

At times I am not allowed to alter the exif, so I had to come up with this
semi-solution to modify as much as I could on the file from the -DateTimeOriginal exif.

After I saw the errors on the raw files I was hesitant to change the original exif.

Thank you with helping to come up with a workaround.

Are you getting the same errors on the X10 RAW file ?

Best regards.

Phil Harvey

I took a look at the X10 RAF you sent.  There should be no problems writing this image.  The next version of ExifTool will remove this warning since RAF version 0200 contains no surprises.

- Phil

captured