KML files from Healthydrones

Started by RogerPlusPhantom, November 06, 2015, 02:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogerPlusPhantom

Hi

I took a video on my Phantom Drone. I have extracted the photos from it, populated it with exif tags and now want to geotag the photos. I uploaded the gps data from the Drone to healthydrones.com which converts it into a KML file. However exiftool does not recognise this as a KML file. I've attached that KML file. Please could you point me in the right direction as I'm sure I could just manipulate the KML file header to get this to work

Thanks
Roger

Phil Harvey

Hi Roger,

This issue occurs with surprising regularity, which really puzzles me.  You can't geotag images from a track log that doesn't contain time information.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

RogerPlusPhantom

Ah yes, that's a bit silly of them. They allow you to download CSV and KML but they don't put the time info into the KML - ok, I'll write something to convert it or hopefully find an online converter

Roger

RogerPlusPhantom

ok, for anyone else reading this I worked it out :) I took the CSV from Healthydrones.com and converted it on this website http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input to GPX format. Don't forget though that the timestamps in GPX are in UTC.

Anyway, it geotagged just fine :)