Main Menu

XMP HIstory

Started by ildolce77, December 04, 2015, 08:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildolce77

Hi Mr developer.
Is it possible to get more details in XMP History? For example the user of each save?
Regards

Hayo Baan

to my knowledge e.g., Photoshop does not store that information so the answer would be no.
To see if the information you are after is present at all, you could dump the whole XMP block like so: exiftool -b -xmp FILE/DIR and look for the info you are after. But as I said, I don't think editing software stores this at all.
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

ildolce77

The file is a pdf file. I see some records with changes but only see some information less important and ids (not user of each change)

ildolce77

Attached a capture with the info

Hayo Baan

As I thought, no data with the user id exists, so the answer to your question is no; what isn't present can not be shown. You can of course, add the data yourself (e.g., to custom XMP tags), but this will then, of course, not be maintained when the file is further edited.
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

ildolce77

It,s not the file attached properly. It's the pint screen of the analyzed pdf online

Phil Harvey

Hayo is correct.  ExifTool is already extracting all of the information available from the XMP.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ildolce77