Total Edit Time - Ms word

Started by missalc, February 14, 2016, 12:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missalc

Hi, i have a ms word file where the total edit time apparently is about 3 milions days, as showed by the file system (Windows7) and Word Application properties) but if i look the EditTime Word Field value, it is a negative value (-40000 minutes). I obtain this negative value when i forward back the system date.
In this case, Exif Tool shows the Epoch Time (01/01/1900 00:00). Is a ExifToll bug?
Thanks
Annie

Phil Harvey

Hi Annie,

ExifTool uses the standard C date/time routines to convert date/time values.  I'm guessing that this is their response to the negative value on your system, but if you send me a sample image showing this phenomenon, then I'll be able to give you a more informed response.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

missalc

Hi Phil,
Today i have created a file "Ms word 2000" named "hello.doc"
The Word EditTime Field of this file have a negative value (-5258879). In this case this is due to the fact that i have forwarded back the system date (about 10 years) while i am writing the document  ;D

I have saved and closed the doc.

After this proof my system (Win7 32 bit Italian) tell me that the file have a "Total Edit Time" equals to "71495140:17:00" while ExifTool report a EpochTime value.

Thanks for your interesting

Phil Harvey

Sorry.  I guess I should have said document, not image.  I need to see the original file.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

missalc