Copy -CameraTemperature to XMP HierachicalKeyword?

Started by niels123, March 02, 2016, 10:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

You're not doing anything wrong.  I suspect that Canon changed something in the 5DmkIII firmware and the structure of the VignettingCorrUnknown2 data has changed.  But the command you are using should work fine.  If you can send me a sample CR2 I will add support for this new version, and avoid this warning message.  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

niels123

Quote from: Phil Harvey on March 02, 2016, 01:58:43 PM
You're not doing anything wrong.  I suspect that Canon changed something in the 5DmkIII firmware and the structure of the VignettingCorrUnknown2 data has changed.  But the command you are using should work fine.  If you can send me a sample CR2 I will add support for this new version, and avoid this warning message.  My email is philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil

I sent you an e-mail with download links to CR2 files. The links are valid for 7 days and then automatically deleted. I'm sorry I cannot directly send you the CR2's as attachments because they are too big.

If you need to add support for (special) lenses, just reply to my email. I have a some not-so-common (e.g. Zeiss) lenses.

Phil Harvey

I got the files thanks, but I don't see a problem when I use the current version of ExifTool.  I should have checked the revision history because this VignettingCorrUnknown2 issue was fixed a year ago in version 9.80

If you have any lenses that aren't identified properly with the current version, please send me the information.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

niels123

I will check with all my lenses in the next week or so :)

Is it the LensModel field that I should check?

Phil Harvey

It is LensID that you should check.  That and perhaps LensType.  LensModel is just a string, so no interpretation of this is done.

- Phil

niels123

I have a CR2 that was shot with a 400mm f/4L DO II attached to a 7D II. The LensType is Uknown (506). I can't find the LensID...

Edit: I just updated to the latest version and now the LensType is oke  :)

niels123

I have succesfully copied the cameratemperature into the xmp files. If I import a CR2 into lightroom, the keywords are imported, but if I want to update an existing CR2 (by clicking Metadata => Read Metadata from File), it doesn't import the keywords. I checked and they are shown in the xmp file(s).

I could empty my catalog and reimport all my photos, but I'd loose all my collections  :(

Phil Harvey

I would think that there should be some way to do this, but it is a question for a LightRoom forum.

- Phil