Correct metadata command for MP4

Started by qdumont, July 28, 2016, 10:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qdumont

New to exif tool and working with 360 vid. I am trying to insert the correct metatags so the mp4 is recognized as a 360 Vid on Facebook. This is what I tried, but it seems to corrupt the file:

exiftool -ProjectionType="equirectangular" /home/path/to/file.mp4

Any advice would be great! Thanks.

Phil Harvey

I don't think that ExifTool will be able to do what you want.  It has only very limited write abilities for MP4 videos -- it can only change some existing date/time tags and write XMP.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

qdumont

There would be no way for me to inject:

<?xml version="1.0"?><rdf:SphericalVideo
xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
xmlns:GSpherical="http://ns.google.com/videos/1.0/spherical/"><GSpherical:Spherical>true</GSpherical:Spherical><GSpherical:Stitched>true</GSpherical:Stitched><GSpherical:ProjectionType>equirectangular</GSpherical:ProjectionType><GSpherical:StitchingSoftware>Gear 360 Manager 1.0.4</GSpherical:StitchingSoftware></rdf:SphericalVideo>

into an MP4?

Phil Harvey

I don't know where you want to write this.  ExifTool can only do it if it is in XMP.  And you would have to create user-defined tags for your GSpherical namespace.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

ExifTool 11.54 or later has the ability to write this as GSphericalXML in the video track.  Also, more recent versions have much more ability to write tags in MOV/MP4 videos.

- Phil