• Embed "lens Profile" in EXIF, won't make lens distortion work anymore…

Started by dimitri_c, September 04, 2016, 10:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimitri_c

Hello -

I know that by using the ExifTool I can add information regarding lens model, focal number & focal length etc...
exiftool -LensModel="Leica Camera AG (Leica SUMMILUX-M 21 mm f1.4 ASPH.) - RAW.lcp" -FNumber="8" -FocalLength="21" -lenstype="Adobe (Leica SUMMILUX-M 21 mm f/1.4 ASPH.)" filename.DNG

Once this has been coded, I use the Adobe Camera Raw to touch up on my pictures but also to correct the distortion caused by lens (eg. barrel distortion of the picture).
I tick the box "Lens Profile correction" (of the Leica Summilux 21, in my case) and select the model of the lens but this does not make ANY correction on the picture!

Does anyone have any idea why?
Is there something that I am missing?

Thank you...

- Dimitri

dimitri_c

By the way...
Is there a way to add the "lensCode" tag (-- the 6-bit lens code) ?

Thank you,

- Dimitri

Phil Harvey

I don't think I can be much help here.  I can't help with Adobe Camera Raw, and ExifTool doesn't know about a "LensCode" tag.

- Phil

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dimitri_c

Hello Phil -

Thanks for your reply   ;)
After a couple of hours (YES i'm not a programmer), I coded something like this that actually works!
Of course it's typically for my kind of lens (it could be adapted to any lens).

exiftool -LensModel="Leica Camera AG (Leica SUMMILUX-M 21 mm f1.4 ASPH.)" -FNumber="8" -MaxApertureValue="1.4" -FocalLength="21" -FocalLengthIn35mmFormat="21" -m /Volumes/L1000FileName.DNG

But be sure to not forget this part, otherwise it won't work  :P

-FocalLengthIn35mmFormat="21"

Thank you again ExifTool, I love you!!!!!!

- Dimitri

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

dimitri_c

Hello -

I'm back with this problem, because it seems that the Leica M10 suffers of the same symptom  ;-)
So I optimised a little bit de line of code, to make it works even better...

exiftool -LensModel="Leica Camera AG (Leica SUMMILUX-M 21 mm f1.4 ASPH.)" -FNumber="8" -MaxApertureValue="1.4" -FocalLength="21" -FocalLengthIn35mmFormat="21" -Lens="Summilux-M 1:1.4/21 ASPH." -m  /Volumes/L1000FileName.DNG

HIH,

- Dimitri