Batch MOD File Conversion to MP4 and Metadata FileModifyDate Transfer

Started by jaybee, November 27, 2016, 03:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayo Baan

OK, in that case, try this: exiftool -P '-time:all<FileModifyDate', this will set all time related tags to the modification date.
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Phil Harvey

Sorry.  I didn't read carefully enough.  I though you wanted to write all the dates with some other value.  Hayo's command is what you want.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Tempest Character

I appreciate both yours and Mayo's contributions, but that still leaves out the most important part -- how do I get the FileModifiedDate of the MPG file copied over the same named mov file in the first place?  Can we do this one fell swoop?  Much thanks!

Phil Harvey

The second post in this thread gives the command for eg. copying FileModifyDate from one file to another.  You can add any additional arguments you want to copy other tags in the same command.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).