Problem with copying files into another directory depending on If-condition

Started by stephanie, November 29, 2016, 08:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie

Hello to all & special to Phil,

You already helped me a lot, but actually a new question has come up.

I have one main folder (source directory) including all my pictures. Now I want to copy some of my pictures into another folder (destination directory) depending on special keywords in IPTC.

e.g.:
Every photo in directory ,,H: \Data\Photos\All" tagged with the keyword "tree" shall be copied to directory "H: \Data\Photos\Specials\trees".

To do this I tried out the following code in ExifToolGUI:
-if "$keywords=~ /tree/" -o . -directory=H:\Data\Photos\Specials\trees -r \Data\Photos\All

But as result the extracted files (if-condition works correct) are not copied. Instead they are moved to the destination directory and simultaneously deleted into the main folder.

What is wrong with my copying method?

Many greetings from

Stephanie

Phil Harvey

Hi Stephanie,

That would work from the command line.  Are you using the "ExifTool Direct" feature of the GUI?  I thought that you were supposed to select the source directory from the GUI instead of putting it in the command.  But I don't know a lot about the ExifTool GUI.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).