Sorting photos and geotagging at the same time

Started by ajiekc905, December 05, 2016, 05:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajiekc905

Hi.
I'm trying to geotag and sort photos at the same time but got an error:
Warning: Invalid date/time (use YYYY:mm:dd HH:MM:SS[.ss][+/-HH:MM|Z]) in File:Geotime (ValueConvInv) - /Volumes/LUMIX/DCIM/myfilename1.jpg
Without -geotag "~/Desktop/*.gpx" it work as I expected. The same happen when I only geotag photos without moving them .

Here is cli:

exiftool -geotag "~/Desktop/*.gpx" -ext JPG -r /Volumes/LUMIX/DCIM/ -d "%Y_%m/%d"  '-directory<'~/Documents/tst'/${Exif:DateTimeOriginal}/${MakerNotes:LensType;}/${Composite:GroupName;}'

Here is .exiftoolconfig

%Image::ExifTool::UserDefined = (

# Composite tags are added to the Composite table:
    'Image::ExifTool::Composite' => {

GroupName => {
            Desire => {
                0 => 'FileName',
                1 => 'DriveMode',
                2 => 'SequenceNumber'
            },
            ValueConv => '

$val[1] =~ /\d+\s(\d+).+/;
            my $myindex = $1;

$myindex = $val[2] if (defined $val[2]);

if ($myindex>0) {
                #print $myindex. "\n";

$val[0] =~ m/^(.{2})(\d+)/;
                my $startIndex=$1 . ($2 +1 - $myindex);
                $startIndex;               
            }'

},

# **** ADD ADDITIONAL COMPOSITE TAG DEFINITIONS HERE ****
    },
);

StarGeek

My first guess is that the -d option is messing up the time format for the geotag.  What happens when you use the command without the -directory part but with the -d option?

edit:  It took me a few minutes to test, as I don't use geotagging option directly (Geosetter FTW), but yes, it appears the -d option is overriding the time data in the gpx file.  I faintly recall seeing the problem before in the forum but can't find the post.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

StarGeek is correct.  -geotag implies "-Geotime<DateTimeOriginal" unless otherwise specified, which requires a properly formatted DateTimeOriginal.  Try specifying an unformatted DateTimeOriginal, like this:

exiftool -geotag "~/Desktop/*.gpx" "-geotime<datetimeoriginal#" -ext JPG -r /Volumes/LUMIX/DCIM/ -d "%Y_%m/%d"  '-directory<'~/Documents/tst'/${Exif:DateTimeOriginal}/${MakerNotes:LensType;}/${Composite:GroupName;}'

(perhaps I should make this the default)

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ajiekc905

Quote from: Phil Harvey on December 06, 2016, 07:49:13 AM

(perhaps I should make this the default)

- Phil

It would be nice to show such an example in help page because I spent too much time trying to make it work before posting this question.

An additional question: How to suppress warning messages like this one:
"Warning: Time is too far before track in File:Geotime (ValueConvInv) - /Volumes/LUMIX/DCIM/102_PANA/P1000000.RW2"
But not all of them.

Thanks.

Phil Harvey

You can't suppress just a single warning tag.  -m suppresses only minor warnings, and -q -q suppresses them all.

I'll update the documentation and make DateTimeOriginal# the default for the next release.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ajiekc905

Found something I haven't expected.

exiftool -copyright='A A' -Artist='____@GMAIL.COM' -progress -geotag "~/Desktop/gpx/*.gpx" "-geotime<datetimeoriginal#"   -d "%Y_%m/%d"    -ext ORF -ext CR2 -ext NEF -ext RW2  '-directory<'$nas'/${Exif:DateTimeOriginal}/${LensShort;}/${Composite:GroupName;}' -r "$1"

exiftool  -copyright='A A' -Artist='____@GMAIL.COM' -progress  -d "%Y_%m/%d" -ext ORF -ext CR2 -ext NEF -ext RW2 '-directory<'$nas'/${Exif:DateTimeOriginal}/${LensShort;}/${Composite:GroupName
    ;}' -r "$1"

exiftool -copyright='A A' -Artist='____@GMAIL.COM' -progress  -api largefilesupport=1 -ext MP4 -d "%Y_%m/%d"  '-directory<'$nas'/${Exif:DateTimeOriginal}/MP4/' -r "$1"

It used to MOVE files but right now it does COPY.
exiftool -ver

Hayo Baan

I think that since you are changing the file, the original is preserved. If that's the cause then simply adding -overwrite_original should fix it. Another cause could be that you do not have write permissions in the directory (but I think it is my first assumption).
Hayo Baan – Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

ajiekc905

Solved with "-overwrite_original"

Phil Harvey

Just FYI, this is explained in the Notes section here.

- Phil