News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Request to support TimeSpan field for KML files

Started by ktarasenko, August 29, 2016, 02:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Hi Jose,

I'll see about doing a release tomorrow.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

malaquias

:D
Dear Phil,

I am sorry that I only noticed your reply today, when I ran into the same problem.
I downloaded a new version of ExifTool, and PRESTO. It works like a charm.
You are a true programming genius.

Nowadays, I carry an app on my cell phone continously recording a gpx file when I'm taking pictures. Unfortunately, today, my phone rebooted, and so I lost the location info for most of my day. I could only avail myself of the Google Location History (since Big Google Brother is always tracking me anyway), with its awful TimeSpan fields.

So, I tried your new version, and it works perfectly. You made a great solution out of a very bad data format. Congrats.

Have yourself a Merry Christmas, since you already provided me with a wonderful Christmas Gift.