Creating stereoscopic images for Google Cardboard

Started by YPOC, May 19, 2017, 08:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koka

Quote from: Phil Harvey on April 16, 2021, 09:28:58 AM
useable result?:
Unfortunately no
I tried:
exiftool Lenovo.vr.jpg -xmp:all= "-all:all<xmp:all" -XMP-GPano:CroppedAreaTopPixels="0" -o exiftool.xmp

exiftool Lenovo.vr.jpg "-xmp<=exiftool.xmp" -o exiftool.vr.jpg
Warning: [minor] Entries in ExifIFD were out of sequence. Fixed. - Lenovo.vr.jpg
Error: [minor] XMP block too large for JPEG segment! (2801884 bytes) - Lenovo.vr.jpg
    0 image files updated
    1 files weren't updated due to errors

How to save exiftool.xmp wrapped by http://ns.adobe.com/xmp/extension/

Phil Harvey

The only other thing I can think of is to add -api compact=shorthand to the exiftool command in case the parser is brain-dead and can't deal with XMP in standard format.

Aside from this, I can't see any major differences in the XMP.

I would consider this a bug in the VR180 app, and submit a bug report to them.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

koka

Quote from: Phil Harvey on April 16, 2021, 10:07:44 AM
bug in the VR180 app, and submit a bug report to them
They will say use exiv2 and don't bother us \8^)

koka

Quote7. Extract XMP as a block and write to output XMP file: (same effect as above)

exiftool -xmp -b SRC.EXT > DST.xmp
As with the previous command, this command will not copy extended XMP segments in JPEG images, but in this case the -a option may be added to also extract extended XMP blocks. However, the result would be a non-standard XMP file that ExifTool could read but other utilities may not
exiftool -xmp -b -a Lenovo.vr.jpg > DST.xmp

Quote10. Restore XMP as a block from an XMP sidecar file to a JPG image:

(same effect as above except that any non-writable XMP tags would be copied by this command, and the 2 kB of padding recommended by the XMP specification is not added when copying as a block)

exiftool -tagsfromfile SRC.xmp -xmp DST.jpg
or equivalently

exiftool "-xmp<=SRC.xmp" DST.jpg
y:\ins\360\VR>exiftool Lenovo.vr.jpg "-xmp<=DST.xmp" -o exiftool.vr.jpg
Warning: Invalid XMP data for XMP:XMP
Warning: [minor] Entries in ExifIFD were out of sequence. Fixed. - Lenovo.vr.jpg
    1 image files copied

Phil Harvey

Unfortunately you can't treat extended XMP as a block because it exists as 2 or more parts in a JPEG image.

It would be interesting to know exactly what the app doesn't like about the XMP that ExifTool writes.  It would take me a few hours to track this down, but I don't have time to spend on this right now.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

jumpjack

Has this problem been solved?
Or, alternatively, would it be enough to replace the section of a jpeg file included between 
<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/" x:xmptk="Adobe XMP">  and
</x:xmpmeta> by my own text?