"Warning: ValueConv ExposureCompensation" for Pentax K-70

Started by gnujsa, June 17, 2017, 12:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnujsa

System type : Debian GNU/Linux
ExifTool version : 10.56
Specific command line : exiftool -p '$SomeTag'
Console output : See below

When I read some tag (any tag) with exiftool -p '$SomeTag', I've got a warning (whether raw PEF or jpeg):
Warning: ValueConv ExposureCompensation: Argument "50 0" isn't numeric in subtraction (-)

But when I read the same tag with exiftool -SomeTag, I've got no warning. I had a Pentax K-70 very recently, so I've not yet tested if the value for ExposureCompensation is reported correctly, but I've got this warning without Exposure Compensation (which I don't use because I shoot manually).

You can view the same files mentioned in https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php/topic,8362.0.html and sent by email to see this warning.

Thank you, Phil the God of Exifs !

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

It seems some of the newer Ricoh models write two integers for ExposureCompensation.  In all my samples, the second integer is zero, and the first one is the same as for other models.  I will add support for this to ExifTool 10.57.

Thanks for this report.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).