Limited set of exif-tags

Started by Martin63, September 26, 2017, 09:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin63

Hello all,

I'm very new to this forum, so I hope I'm in the right section. If not, I appologize. My name is Martin, living in Heemskerk, a very small village in The Netherlands.
I started taking pictures at the age of 11 (on a 6x6 camera), I'm 54 now. Since 2013 I've switched to a dslr using a Nikon D7000 and since 1 month now, the D7200. I always shoot in raw (nef). Another hobby of me is programming in Lazarus (free pascal). I've managed to use exiftool.exe to extract the jpg from a nef and display it in my program. I also managed to extract a few exif-tags from the nef-file:

Model: NIKON D7200
ExposureTime: 1/15
FNumber: 8.0
ExposureProgram: Aperture-priority AE
ISO: 100
CreateDate: 2017:08:10 19:31:17
MeteringMode: Multi-segment
Flash: Off, Did not fire
FocalLength: 55.0 mm

This is done by the -s parameter and then delete all the unwanted lines. But I'm quit sure it must be possible to define the desired tags (model, exposure time etc) in a "container" (an array or a textfile) and use that as a parameter in calling exiftool. I just don't know how?

Hope I've made myself clear and looking forward to your comments/answers.

Best regards,
Martin

StarGeek

You can list just the tags you want to see on the command line
exiftool -Model -ExposureTime -FNumber -ExposureProgram -ISO -CreateDate -MeteringMode -Flash -FocalLength FileOrDir
This will only list the tags you mentioned.

You can simplify this even further by creating a Shortcut in your config file (see example config file).  By adding something like
MyExifTags => [ 'Model',  'ExposureTime',  'FNumber',  'ExposureProgram',  'ISO',  'CreateDate',  'MeteringMode',  'Flash',  'FocalLength'],
to your config file, you could then just use
exiftool -MyExifTags FileOrDir
and it will show only those tags listed in the shortcut.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Martin63

Quote from: StarGeek on September 26, 2017, 11:04:19 AM
You can list just the tags you want to see on the command line
exiftool -Model -ExposureTime -FNumber -ExposureProgram -ISO -CreateDate -MeteringMode -Flash -FocalLength FileOrDir
This will only list the tags you mentioned.

You can simplify this even further by creating a Shortcut in your config file (see example config file).  By adding something like
MyExifTags => [ 'Model',  'ExposureTime',  'FNumber',  'ExposureProgram',  'ISO',  'CreateDate',  'MeteringMode',  'Flash',  'FocalLength'],
to your config file, you could then just use
exiftool -MyExifTags FileOrDir
and it will show only those tags listed in the shortcut.

I knew it, life can be so simple. Works like a charm. Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Martin