Windows Shows Dates for Date Create and Date Modified, but not ExifTool?

Started by rewallac, December 19, 2017, 03:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Quote from: Phil Harvey on September 20, 2018, 08:39:59 AM
I can't reproduce this because my version of Windows 10 doesn't show PNG metadata (or at least I can't figure out how to do it -- showing the file "Properties" doesn't give this information).  Can you tell me how to get Windows to show this metadata?

Right click properties and then select the "Details" tab.

Alternatively, in a directory window, select the View tab and select Details.  Then right click at the top of one of the columns and make sure "Date Taken" is checked.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

@StarGeek.  Thanks.  I see the "Date taken" in Windows now.

I'll put this on the list of things to do, but it likely won't get done for a while.

It bugs me when I have to add messy patches to ExifTool to account for quirks in other software.  ExifTool writes perfectly valid PNG metadata according to the specification.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).