Weird Value for -GPSPosition with 10.8.4

Started by Macallan, March 13, 2018, 02:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macallan

Using 10.8.4 (on Win7) I'm getting very different output for -GPSPosition, now just a 1 or 2 digit number rather than a combined Lat and Long.

From Exiftool -s -n  testfile.jpg

ExifToolVersion                 : 10.84
GPSLatitude                     : 48.17661
GPSLongitude                    : 11.559098
GPSPosition                     : 8

ExifToolVersion                 : 10.83
GPSLatitude                     : 48.17661
GPSLongitude                    : 11.559098
GPSPosition                     : 48.17661 11.559098

Reinstalled - same results with with jpg and mov.

Sadly I parse this Exiftool output field in a windows batch, so I'm kinda hoping its a easy fix and my rather patchy coding skills can remain dormant.

PS. Batch has been unchanged for months, and across many Exiftool versions its all worked a dream, so thanks to Phil for the tool and especially for staying at the coal face for so long...... 8)

Phil Harvey

Yeah, sorry.  I made a change to that Composite tag in the last version.  I'll see what I broke and push out an update tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the bug report!

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Macallan

Cheers for the super speedy fix, all fine with 10.8.5  :)

ExifToolVersion                 : 10.85
FileTypeDescription             : Apple QuickTime movie
GPSLatitude                     : 48.139895
GPSLongitude                    : 11.534367
GPSPosition                     : 48.139895 11.534367

Batch is back happily adding GPS and time into those old movies...  Thanks.

Phil Harvey

Great.  Thanks for the confirmation, and for reporting this bug.

- Phil