Started by Bahooj, March 15, 2018, 10:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bahooj

Hello,

Here is an example of my dates readout:

[QuickTime]     CreateDate                      : 2015:03:13 17:30:08
[QuickTime]     ModifyDate                      : 2015:03:13 17:30:37
[Nikon]         CreateDate                      : 2013:05:26 15:58:49

I am trying to match the two QuickTime properties to the -nikon:CreateDate property in order for Apple's Photos.app to properly sort these videos using the following command:
exiftool -quicktime:CreateDate=-nikon:CreateDate dsc_0003.mov

I get the following error:
Warning: Invalid date/time (use YYYY:mm:dd HH:MM:SS[.ss][+/-HH:MM|Z]) in QuickTime:CreateDate (PrintConvInv)

I have been able to successfully change the QuickTime properties by manually entering a string in the correct format as follows, but this is not really ideal as I have several hundred videos to go through.

exiftool -quicktime:CreateDate="2013:05:26 15:42:10" -quicktime:MediaCreateDate="2013:05:26 15:42:10" -quicktime:ModifyDate="2013:05:26 15:42:10" -quicktime:TrackModifyDate="2013:05:26 15:42:10" -quicktime:MediaModifyDate="2013:05:26 15:42:10" dsc_0002.mov

I'm sure there is a way to do this so I can recursively go through a directory, but I have not been able to use search terms to find any help on my own. What is the most confusing to me is that all the dates appear to be in the requested format (not just in the terminal window, but in a txt file that I have been able to generate). I looked at the QuickTime tag formats where it says the dates are writeable using the int32u format, but I don't know what that means or how to change -nikon:CreateDate into such a format.

All this is to be done on .MOVs on macOS 10.13.3

Thank you in advance

EDIT:One more note, upon importing the manually fixed files to Photos.app, the time it is reading is offset by what I assume is my time-zone. For example, a time reading 15:42:36 will be interpreted as 8:42:36 AM due to my -7:00 time zone. How can I fix that?

EDIT 2: It seems the above issue is definitely a problem with Photos.app reading the metadata properly and adjusting the timezone properly. The correct time is listed in the "Get Info" window in Finder, but the incorrectly adjusted time is shown in the Photos app. I think I'll have to take this up with Apple unless someone has any ideas.     

Phil Harvey

Quote from: Bahooj on March 15, 2018, 10:10:52 PM
exiftool -quicktime:CreateDate=-nikon:CreateDate dsc_0003.mov

This is common mistake 5c.

QuoteEDIT:One more note, upon importing the manually fixed files to Photos.app, the time it is reading is offset by what I assume is my time-zone. For example, a time reading 15:42:36 will be interpreted as 8:42:36 AM due to my -7:00 time zone. How can I fix that?

Try adding -api quicktimeutc when writing.  See the API QuickTimeUTC option for more information.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).