Exporting and Import EXIF & XMP fields with same name eg GPSLongitude

Started by colink, May 07, 2018, 11:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colink

I am using and image based on the one below (tried to attach, failed security check)
Original image is here https://www.controlledvocabulary.com/images/drp2091169-sfw-q60-all-wicc.jpg
I used GeoSettter to add more data including
XMP:XMP-exif   GPSLatitude  and
XMP:XMP-aux   ImageNumber  (plus many more)
but
Exif and XMP appear to have duplicate field names for GPSLatitude  & ImageNumber (+others)

I am trying to use the export file as a template for bulk imports for other images.

I export using the following command exiftool -csv -r c:\users\colin\exif-img > c:\users\colin\exif-img\export.csv   
As the export file does not specify eg EXIF or XMP the export file only contains each field once (usually exif) so I end up with missing data - particularly GPS data in XMP Format

Is it possible to export data with the titles including eg XMP:XMP-aux ImageNumber & EXIF:ExifIFD ImageNumber, so that import will import exactly the same data in same places?

When I get my head around the above (for GPS) I will probably edit the file to eg LocationShownGPSLatitude which does work without the need for a field name in the csv.

=====
I would also appreciate comments on the following

I will probably add EXIF:GPS GPSLatitude and XMP:XMP-iptcExt LocationShownGPSLatitude as I assume some systems might not read the latter. - but it would be nice to soecify exactly where GPSLatitude would be saved.

Thanks ColinK

StarGeek

Add -G1 to the command to get the group names added to the CSV file.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

colink

Thanks for the prompt answer. That looks like something I should have found in a search - I did try the forum, but did not use the words "group names", but presume may have found in the documentation.

ColinK

Phil Harvey

The place to find things like this is the application documentation.  Specifically, the -csv documentation mentions this and other useful features.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).