News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Support iWorks suite mimetype with magic number

Started by ed.zanon, May 08, 2018, 06:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed.zanon

Hallo,
I've an file without extension(.pages, . numbers) of iWork suite(apple), the mimetype is  application/x-iwork-pages-sffpages, application/x-iwork-numbers-sffnumbers etc.
The mimetype detected from exiftool is "application/zip". The same problem is resolved with perl package for office document.
Can be resolved for iWork suite?

OS: docker image python:2.7.14-alpine3.7(64 bit) and win10 64bit
apk installed : perl-archive-zip
exiftool version: 10.87-r0 in linux and 10.92 in windows

Thanks!

Phil Harvey

OK Ed, I think I can do this.  Look for better iWork file recognition in Exiftool 10.96.

Thanks for this suggestion.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ed.zanon

Thank for your answer and fast.

Edoardo Zanon

ed.zanon

Thanks for your release, but without extension it fail again. There is a way for fix it?

Edoardo Zanon

ed.zanon

Quote from: ed.zanon on May 08, 2018, 09:49:20 AM
Thank for your answer and fast.

Edoardo Zanon

I've seen that "Zip File Name" metadata is the original filename with extension, but i can't say if this is real in all application that write iworks files.
Pages'09 mime is different form actual mime(application/vnd.apple.keynote, application/vnd.apple.pages, application/vnd.apple.numbers).

Phil Harvey

Quote from: ed.zanon on June 04, 2018, 03:09:25 AM
Thanks for your release, but without extension it fail again. There is a way for fix it?

I get this:

% cp t/images/iWork.numbers tmp/xxx
% exiftool tmp/xxx -exiftoolversion -filetype -mimetype
ExifTool Version Number         : 10.99
File Type                       : NUMBERS
MIME Type                       : application/x-iwork-numbers-sffnumbers

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

Do you have a sample file you can provide that fails identification when it doesn't have an extension?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

ed.zanon

I'm sorry for my delay. I've it.

And thanks for your help.

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  This sample is very different than the samples I have.

What version of Pages wrote this file?

Do you have samples of Numbers and Keynote files that you could share from the same version of iWorks?

- Phil

ed.zanon

Goodmorning, all files wrote with iworks online(icloud free service) have the same problem.

- Edoardo

Phil Harvey

That might help if I had the time/inclination to create an iCloud account...

ed.zanon

I'm sorry, in Attachments there are all type of output in icloud web.

-Edoardo

Phil Harvey

Hi Edoardo,

Thanks for the samples.

Exiftool 11.02 should identify these files properly.

- Phil

ed.zanon