Extract digital jpg image embeded in FLIR jpg

Started by ramphastos, July 10, 2018, 08:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramphastos

Hi there,

Is there a way to extract the digital image sometimes included in FLIR jpgs with Exiftool?  (for cameras with dual IR and DC)

Analogous to the -b -rawthermalimage option, except for the digital jpg?

Cheers
Glenn

Phil Harvey

Hi Glenn,

Here is a command to extract available embedded images from all files in directory DIR to directory OUTDIR:

exiftool -preview:all -a -b -W OUTDIR/%f_%t%c.%s DIR

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

ramphastos

Nic

I appreciate that the is 6 years old but it is the closed I've found to an answer. Unfortunately when I use

exiftool -preview:all -a -b -W OUTDIR/%f_%t%c.%s DIR

I only get the 1st image in my sequence which I know to be 30 images long. What am I missing here?

StarGeek

What version of exiftool?
exiftool -ver

Can you share a sample image?
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Nic

Version 12.84

Here's a link to th eimage I'm getting Extracted TIFF from SEQ

The dimensions are correct but there's only one of them.

Phil Harvey

It is the original SEQ that we need to see.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

I see.  This is explained in the FLIR FFF tag name documentation.  You need to add the -ee2 option to extract the embedded raw images from all frames.

As far as I can tell from the release notes, the version from 6 years ago would only extract all images from the first frame.

- Phil

Nic

Yep that worked, thanks Phil & thanks for the great tool.

Nic