Author Topic: Can't change GPSEventID in Phase One IIQ files  (Read 633 times)

G2

Can't change GPSEventID in Phase One IIQ files
« on: August 17, 2018, 12:40:48 PM »
Hi,
I'm working with raw .IIQ files from Phase One cameras and ran in a situation where I need to change the value of the GPSEventID tag to a value other than zero. ExifTool finds and reports its current value as shown below:

X:\Data>exiftool -H -G -s -GPS* 32_cap22-40-41.07723593_1530916841077L.IIQ
[XMP]                - GPSEventID                      : 0

However, when I try to change it the tag is not recognized:

X:Data>exiftool -XMP:GPSEventID=1 32_cap22-40-41.07723593_1530916841077L.IIQ
Warning: Tag 'XMP:GPSEventID' is not defined
Nothing to do.

Phil Harvey

• ExifTool Author
  • Administrator
  • ExifTool Freak
    • ExifTool Home Page
Re: Can't change GPSEventID in Phase One IIQ files
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 01:05:33 PM »
ExifTool can't write GPSEventID because it isn't a standard tag that it knows about.

So you will have to create a user-defined tag to write it.  See the example config file for examples and documentation on how to create user-defined XMP tags.

If would be informative if you could post the raw XMP from one of these files.  (ie. the output of "exiftool -xmp -b FILE")

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

G2

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »
Hi Phil,
I wasn't aware of the -xmp switch, thanks for the hint!

I  extracted the XMP record from one of the images and attached it here.

This XMP data comes out of a 100MP metric (meaing calibrated) camera used for aerial photography. What you will find in there, among other things, is the camera calibration parameters and the GPS data embedded in the image. The GPSEventID in particular is a sequential number or index in a table of time marks (the event time) recorded by the GPS triggered by the camera each time the shutter releases.

I'll study the sample config file and how to apply it to my problem and thanks for the quick return!

Best regards,
Guillermo Gallo

Phil Harvey

• ExifTool Author
  • Administrator
  • ExifTool Freak
    • ExifTool Home Page
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 12:27:11 PM »
Hi Guillermo,

Thanks for posting the XMP.  I don't remember ever seeing the aerialgps namespace before -- that is the one you need to add a definition for.

There are also a couple of other PhaseOne-specific namespaces in this file.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).