Date and Time of Digital Data Generation and Original File Name

Started by zuiko3000, October 20, 2018, 07:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zuiko3000

Hi all,

I have been trying to change Date and Time of Digital Data Generation but I cannot do it with EXIFTOOL. Is it possible or not? My Olympus ORF files have that stupid field and even if you can change Date and Time of Original Data Generation, the previous one stays the same.

Is it possible to recuperate the original file name of a ORF file?

Thanks in advance.

David

Phil Harvey

Hi David,

Quote from: zuiko3000 on October 20, 2018, 07:06:18 AM
I have been trying to change Date and Time of Digital Data Generation but I cannot do it with EXIFTOOL. Is it possible or not?

I don't know what tag you are referring to (see FAQ 3), but ExifTool should be able to write it.

QuoteMy Olympus ORF files have that stupid field and even if you can change Date and Time of Original Data Generation, the previous one stays the same.

Previous one?

QuoteIs it possible to recuperate the original file name of a ORF file?

I don't see anywhere that the file name is stored in the metadata of an ORF file.  It would be useful to know what model of camera we are talking about.  Different cameras store different information.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

zuiko3000

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your help. My camera is Olympus E-P1. When I change DateTimeOriginal, Modification Date and Creation date and I go to Olympus Viewer and it still has the old date and time in a field called "Date and Time of Digital Data Generation" and another field called File Change Date and Time

I also converted the AVI files to MOV, changed Creation and Modification date (I though they were the only fields in MOV files), I go back to Olympus Viewer and it reports the date and time when the file was converted AVI to MOV but not the Creation and Modification dates I change. This is really annoying!!!

This is the capture.

Alan Clifford

I have some  old Olympus jpegs and they have CreateDate and ModifyDate.  Maybe try setting those.

exiftool -G -a  ~/photographs/photo/2002/December/pc290027.jpg -s -*date*

[File]          FileModifyDate                  : 2002:12:29 12:05:12-04:00
[File]          FileAccessDate                  : 2018:10:20 09:17:19-04:00
[File]          FileInodeChangeDate             : 2018:02:15 08:59:33-04:00
[EXIF]          ModifyDate                      : 2002:12:29 16:05:12
[EXIF]          DateTimeOriginal                : 2002:12:29 16:05:12
[EXIF]          CreateDate                      : 2002:12:29 16:05:12

zuiko3000

It seems if I use "AllDates" changes everything inside the ORF file.