Main Menu

Geosetter workaround

Started by StarGeek, December 16, 2018, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

RolfW posted a workaround to getting the Geosetter map working again.  It requires downloading the "map_google.html" file from the Geosetter site, changing a setting in Geosetter, and getting a Google Map API key.  The last part is supposed to requires a credit card, though it didn't for me.  Maybe Google already knows my card.

Basically, it puts any cost that Google would charge onto you.  You're supposed to get $200 credit each month, but I don't know how that would translate.

The PDF instructions are attached to this post.  You can find the whole thread here.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

Do you think this would work for the ExifToolGUI too?  There have been reports of problems using Google Maps with that.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

StarGeek

From what I can tell, Exiftool Gui doesn't rely on an external file for the javascript needed for the interface.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Phil Harvey

...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

nrg710

Sorry to drag this one up...

I'm trying to get Geosetter working again after a system crash, and it turns out that I didn't back up my maps_google.html file that referenced to my personal API key. It would also appear that the original map_google.html file is no longer available from geosetter.de.

Does anyone have an offline copy that they could share with me?

StarGeek

The map_google.html file is still there at http://map.geosetter.de/v3/map_google.html You just have to "Show Source" and save.

As it says in the PDF I attached above
   You will see a blank page. Right click it and choose something like "show source code". Select all (Strg+A) and copy it to clip board (Strg+C).

And you can reset your api key at the link in the PDF
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key