.MTS Videos taken with an incorrect UTC offset in DateTimeOriginal

Started by Exifdude, October 31, 2019, 09:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exifdude

I have .MTS videos that were taken on an incorrectly configured camcorder.  There was a DST option that was not selected when they were recorded.  I can think of three solutions for this.  To correct this I can think of the below three solutions.  Need assistance with the commands for them.  Thanks in advance.

1. Add the DST flag to DateTimeOriginal, this is the normal behavior the camcorder exhibits when that option is selected.
Example: DateTimeOriginal                : 2018:05:24 10:30:31-05:00 DST
2. Change the UTC offset from -05:00 to -04:00 on DateTimeOriginal.
3. Remove the UTC offset entirely like it shows on a jpg file.

Phil Harvey

ExifTool does not have the ability to write MTS files.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not going to happen.  Read here for more information, but basically the problem is that MTS files don't support metadata, and I would have to edit the video stream to do this.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).