News:

2023-03-15 Major improvements to the new Geolocation feature

Main Menu

Urgent help needed with XMP data and Maps Made Easy

Started by quigley595, February 11, 2019, 10:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarGeek

Go back to "out-CHANGED.xmp" and rerun this command, but add the -m (ignoreMinorErrors) option

exiftool "-xmp<=out-CHANGED.xmp" -m DJI_0874.JPG

But otherwise, I'm not sure what can be done.  The Maps Make Easy response makes it seem that they're not using a regular XMP parser.  Instead, it sounds like they're using there own code that isn't parsing the xmp, but is instead looking for a specific pattern.  Maybe parsing it with RegEx or something like that.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

quigley595

Quote from: StarGeek on February 12, 2019, 09:21:56 PM
Go back to "out-CHANGED.xmp" and rerun this command, but add the -m (ignoreMinorErrors) option    <snip  snip   snip>

OK...  thanks StarGeek for you last suggestion, but no go....   you guys, StarGeek and Phil, have been absolutely fantastic....  you have gone beyond what I could ever have expected, but rather than waste any more of your valuable time, I think I will just have to 'shut the gate' on this one, and call it a day...  I think this particular horse has bolted..... 

It looks like MME does indeed, do things differently.  I will just use MME out of the box (which will give me bad elevations), and try to control things via Ground Control Points.

I'm just amazed that no-one has come across this one before (with MME)....  and I still think that it is possible I am doing something wrong with exiftool (being a newbie).
If anyone out there has any experience of this type of thing with XMP data and MME, I would love to hear your views.

Thanks, and thanks again folks for your magnificent efforts in helping me, but sometimes we are just hamstrung by things beyond our control.

rgds,
Mike

Phil Harvey

Quote from: quigley595 on February 12, 2019, 05:36:44 PM
They are also in a different order. Our GSD checking code is looking for the specific way that DJI writes it and changing will prevent that from happening

Well, there we have our answer.  The MME programmers are taking shortcuts and not parsing the XMP properly.  Pretty useless really.  Crappy MME software.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).