Main Menu

Unknown tags

Started by pedro22, February 01, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedro22

What settings to use to read all Unknown tags in ExiftoolGUI.

StarGeek

The option to show unknown tags is -u.  I'm not sure where you would add it as I don't use the gui.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

pedro22

Unfortunately, so much that I also know. How do I set exiftool(-U).exe is ExifToolGUI not see the .exe

pedro22

If you can not display "Unknown tags" by ".ExifTool_config" - is how to display only "Unknown tags" by command line? - enter in ExifToolGUI -u displays all tags + "Unknown tags"

Phil Harvey

There is no way to display only unknown tags (and not the known ones).

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

elhiero

Quote from: StarGeek on February 01, 2017, 07:25:52 PMThe option to show unknown tags is -u.  I'm not sure where you would add it as I don't use the gui.

For ExiftoolGUI, or others G.U.I., we can add a .ExifTool_config file containing :

%Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::Options = (
Unknown => 1, # ExifTool to include unknown tags
);
1; #end

So, unknown metadata such as -MakerNotes:Sony_0xb04c can be displayed with ExiftoolGUI workspace ...