Author Topic: exiftool command running very, very long???  (Read 131 times)

Jossie

exiftool command running very, very long???
« on: June 24, 2020, 11:16:35 AM »
Hello,

I have a windows bat file, which shows a strange behaviour:

magick %1_RGB.tif %1_RGBs.tif %1_IR.tif -define tiff:fill-order=msb -define tiff:endian=msb %1_SF.tif

exiftool -overwrite_original -m -tagsfromfile %2.tif -all:all -icc_profile %1_SF.tif
   exiftool -overwrite_original -m %1_SF.tif -ifd0:subfiletype="Full-resolution Image" -ifd1:subfiletype="Reduced-resolution image" -ifd2:subfiletype="Transparency mask"

The imagemagick-command creates the image and is very quick. Also the first exiftool command is very quick.

However, the second exiftool command runs for minutes and makes a lot of noise on the hard disk.

What is the reason for this? Am I doing something wrong here?

Hermann-Josef

Phil Harvey

• ExifTool Author
  • Administrator
  • ExifTool Freak
    • ExifTool Home Page
Re: exiftool command running very, very long???
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 05:53:03 PM »
Can you email me the .tif file so I can try to reproduce this?  philharvey66 at gmail.com

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Jossie

Re: exiftool command running very, very long???
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:58 AM »
Hello Phil,

unfortunately I was so stupid to delete the example images yesterday. I created them again today in the very same way and ran the BAT file. Strange enough, now the second command was also executed almost as quick as the first one.

Yesterday I tried all sorts of things. I even rebooted the computer, but it did not help. The second command was always very, very slow.

Should it occur again, I will send you a link to the image. It is 256 MByte and cannot be mailed. Maybe the problem had to do with the fact that I had aborted the windows command shell once, when exiftool was still running. But this should have disappeared after the reboot ...

Best wishes

Hermann-Josef