HEIC Write Support?

Started by sscardoso, January 25, 2019, 06:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Harvey

Thanks.  I'll take a look at this when I get a chance (probably on Tuesday), and post back here when I know more.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Phil Harvey

This was more challenging than I thought.  It took me a few hours to re-learn the ISO 14496-12 specification so I could understand what was happening.  But I've figured it out now, and ExifTool 11.88 (to be released maybe later today) will support writing files like this.

- Phil

Edit: Or maybe the release will be tomorrow
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).

Zetorg

Is it possible to add/change Title and Description like explained in this thread?
https://exiftool.org/forum/index.php?topic=11951.0

StarGeek

Yes.
exiftool -Title="new title" -Description="New Description" /path/to/files/

It's best not to post in months old threads.  There was a big red warning that was displayed when you posted this.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

Zetorg

Quote from: StarGeek on December 20, 2020, 03:52:31 PM
Yes.
exiftool -Title="new title" -Description="New Description" /path/to/files/

It's best not to post in months old threads.  There was a big red warning that was displayed when you posted this.
Thank you very much, worked perfectly fine!

About old threads, some users/moderators want to keep a single thread for that specific topic related, and others just want a new thread for each new inquiry even on same exact matter. So I decided to do the first, which I think it's better that Google gives me a single thread than 150 duplicate threads about HEIC metadata. So forum warning should be like "Make a new thread even if it's same exact topic because this is already old".

Phil Harvey

But this was a different topic.  The original topic was a feature request to add the ability to write metadata to HEIC files.

- Phil

Zetorg

Yes, but since the ability already existed there's no further point.