simple steps to do it PLZZ !!!!

Started by Biohazard318, August 15, 2012, 09:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biohazard318

i just lost all info in an image i cropped
so i just need to write them back , but plz in simple step by step procedure cause am really lost

info i need to write back on the photo are :

equipment make
camera model
color representation
shutter speed
lens aperture
date and time

nothing more :)

thanks for your help 

Phil Harvey

I need to know your system to be able to give detailed instructions.  But I'll assume you're running Windows because you are so clueless... :)

Step 1) download and un-zip the exiftool Windows distribution and install for use from the command line

Step 2) Run "cmd.exe" from the Windows Start menu

Step 3) In the cmd.exe window, type this:

exiftool -tagsfromfile "c:\some folder\SOURCE.jpg" -make -model -colorspace -exposuretime -shutterspeedvalue -fnumber -aperturevalue -alldates "c:\some other folder\DESTINATION.jpg"

...changing the directory and file names according to your needs.

Here I have included both versions of the EXIF shutter speed and aperture tags because I don't know which ones your camera uses.  Also, I don't know what you meant by "color representation", so I have assumed the ColorSpace tag and copied it.  You can use "exiftool -s" on the original source image to see what information it contained, then tune the tags you want to copy accordingly.

- Phil
...where DIR is the name of a directory/folder containing the images.  On Mac/Linux/PowerShell, use single quotes (') instead of double quotes (") around arguments containing a dollar sign ($).