Re removing particular keywords fro jpg tags

Started by reddwarf4ever, August 17, 2022, 09:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddwarf4ever

Hello, I need to remove 3 keywords from jpg tags, have several hundred jpgs. I understand this can be achieved via the CL, but do I need to adjust the instruction to make it work recursively? Also could I do this easier using the GUI version, I understand there is a new version 2.0.1
Thanks

StarGeek

This GUI is unsupported and has been unsupported for nearly 10 years. See the Stickied thread in this subforum. Do you mean jExifToolGUI?  If so, try asking in this thread and the author of that program should be able to answer it.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

reddwarf4ever

Hello

was a bit confusing, the new GUI bersion is not writen by Phil ?

i posted a question on an exiftool forum and phil asked me to try something exiftool -G1 -a FILE and post the result, but cant find the post now and search has been disanled becuase of server issues

so should i be using the new Exiftool GUI ? is that V2

StarGeek

Quote from: reddwarf4ever on August 17, 2022, 12:30:33 PMwas a bit confusing, the new GUI bersion is not writen by Phil ?

Phil has written only the command line tool.  All GUIs for exiftool have been created by other people.

Quotei posted a question on an exiftool forum and phil asked me to try something exiftool -G1 -a FILE and post the result, but cant find the post now and search has been disanled becuase of server issues

Here is your post.  You can always find your posts by clicking your name in the uppler left corner of the page and then selecting "Your Posts"

Quoteso should i be using the new Exiftool GUI ? is that V2

It's a completely different GUI written by a completely different person.  It's up to you which GUI you want to use, but Phil and I don't use the GUI so we can only guess at what to do.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).