Error opening JSON file 'args'

Started by MixMe, October 23, 2022, 12:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixMe

Hi,
I am trying to export all tags of jpeg, edit it and then import it back.
Export to the json file is working just fine (exiftool -json -n *.j* >args.json 1.jpg). But I can't import it back, cuz it always tells me

QuoteError opening JSON file 'args'
No SourceFile '.json' in imported JSON database
No SourceFile '1.jpg' in imported JSON database

The command I use is: exiftool -json=args.json 1.jpg

I guess, that is a stupid question. Still, I can't figure out how to fix that on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance

StarGeek

I'm guessing PowerShell, not CMD?

PS has a lot of weird quirks, IMO, and it's very important to look at the highlighting.  Your command

Shows that the .json is highlighted differently than -json=args.  I don't know what PS is doing here with the .json, but the result is that it's only passing the filename of args to exiftool, which is why you get an error of Error opening JSON file 'args', not opening file args.json

You either need to quote '-json=args.json' or use CMD.
* Did you read FAQ #3 and use the command listed there?
* Please use the Code button for exiftool code/output.

* Please include your OS, Exiftool version, and type of file you're processing (MP4, JPG, etc).

MixMe

Quote from: StarGeek on October 23, 2022, 01:00:23 PMI'm guessing PowerShell, not CMD?

PS has a lot of weird quirks, IMO, and it's very important to look at the highlighting.  Your command

Shows that the .json is highlighted differently than -json=args.  I don't know what PS is doing here with the .json, but the result is that it's only passing the filename of args to exiftool, which is why you get an error of Error opening JSON file 'args', not opening file args.json

You either need to quote '-json=args.json' or use CMD.

Yes, I was using PS )
That helps. Thanks a lot